If you have tried a real Montreal bagel, you know what I mean. If you haven't, well, you might be able to live a relatively happy life, I don't know, with support from your family and all. Or you could come to Montreal.
The thing is, it's an indulgence, especially the slabs of cream cheese....but I do indulge once in a while because it seems to quiet that inner bagel monster long enough so I can get on with my life. So.....
What are my fixes as a teacher?
Well, there are things that I need that I probably shouldn't. Somehow these things make me feel like I'm doing a good job, and I know, that's really about me, not my students, I get it. But maybe if I acknowledge it, give into it just a little, like that bagel, I can control it....
- I need to make my students laugh.
- I need to be creative.
- I need to EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO SOMEONE.
- I need to witness the moment when something clicks in a student's head, that "OHHHHH I get it now!"
- I need someone to say to me "Audrey you are doing a phenomenal job." And that someone can be me, that's not a problem. It usually is.
- I need their marks to be high THERE I'VE SAID IT!
- I need a bagel. Oh sorry. Already covered that. With a metric ton of cream cheese.