If you have tried a real Montreal bagel, you know what I mean. If you haven't, well, you might be able to live a relatively happy life, I don't know, with support from your family and all. Or you could come to Montreal.
The thing is, it's an indulgence, especially the slabs of cream cheese....but I do indulge once in a while because it seems to quiet that inner bagel monster long enough so I can get on with my life. So.....
What are my fixes as a teacher?
Well, there are things that I need that I probably shouldn't. Somehow these things make me feel like I'm doing a good job, and I know, that's really about me, not my students, I get it. But maybe if I acknowledge it, give into it just a little, like that bagel, I can control it....
- I need to make my students laugh.
- I need to be creative.
- I need to EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO SOMEONE.
- I need to witness the moment when something clicks in a student's head, that "OHHHHH I get it now!"
- I need someone to say to me "Audrey you are doing a phenomenal job." And that someone can be me, that's not a problem. It usually is.
- I need their marks to be high THERE I'VE SAID IT!
- I need a bagel. Oh sorry. Already covered that. With a metric ton of cream cheese.
Gotta say, as a student, that if you, as a teacher, don't crave most of the things on the above list, then something is wrong with you.ReplyDelete
Well, except maybe for those bagels... :PDelete
haha Jonathan, you know what I'm talking about re the bagels, I know! And about the teaching, yes, if I didn't want those things I would certainly have chosen the wrong profession! I hope things are going well at Vanier ( I hope I remember correctly!)Delete
Jonathan! Great to hear from you! I couldn't agree with you more. This is part of the deal for any good teacher.Delete
Bit late responding to this, but yes, things are going well, and yes, you do remember correctly. :)Delete
Am I the only one who finds these captchas to be almost impossible? Man, it takes me like five tries to get them right...